Thursday, August 9, 2012

When I grow up I want to be...

Kaselehlie or hello my blog family! I hope you are all doing wonderfully. This week has been full of lesson planning and cleaning out my classroom for me. I just wanted to share some thoughts that have been on my mind.

When I was little I had two dream jobs when I grew up. I wanted to be a cashier and I wanted to be a teacher. I took these goals seriously. Every time we brought groceries home I would take them out of the bag, scan them on my fake cash register, and bag them again. (Thanks for letting me do this mom!)

 I recently realized that I got both of my wishes and God used them together. Last summer I got a job at a clothing store. This was my first "real" job and I absolutely loved it. I saved up my money and left it sitting in my bank account for the school year. I then got the call to be a student missionary and that led me to teaching. How do these two things go together you might wonder? That money that I had made from my previous summer helped me buy school supplies for my future students that I had no idea about at the time. I love God's bigger picture.

I really haven't done too much other than prepare for the school year this week. I did make some delicious banana bread with some friends. Found my first cockroach in the bathroom(I knew that day would come), went running on the banged up track, and caught a frog.

Thank you for reading! I'll be sure to put up some more pictures and stories soon.

Love you all!



2 comments:

  1. God's bigger picture is an amazing thing. He will use you where ever you go and what ever talents or gifts you have. I love your blogs and always look forward to the next one. I love you my little girl.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alyssa! We are experiencing some similar things as you (on a much smaller scale)...New place and new people, preparing for school, Nolan's first day on the same day as yours, and bugs... :/ The other day I was sitting reading peacefully in our new living room and found a huge flying stinging ant...all tangled up in my hair right next to my eye! Not to mention Nala picked up and attempted to eat the biggest beetle I have ever seen. Aaand Nolan has seen two GIANT spiders already by my gardening shed... Other than these Tennessee bugs, we really love our new place and wish you could come visit, and SUPER wish we could come visit you!! Can't believe we were just with you and you were just picking out stuff to decorate your classroom with...can't wait to hear about your first days of teaching :D

    -Crystal

    ReplyDelete