Friday, July 6, 2012

I am most certainly uncertain.

I am certain of many things that this next year will bring me. On the other hand, I have so many things that I am uncertain of. Lets get to the list!!

Things I know:
 I know that while my other friends are heading back off to college, I will be teaching on an island. I know that I will be far away from things that make me comfortable. I know that I have many friends where I am going even though I don't even know their names yet. I know that challenges will meet me, but I also know that rewards will too. I know that I will be a second grade teacher. I know that I will fall in love with them. I know that this will change who I am and what my future holds. I know that God is with me always.

Things I don't know:
I don't know how homesick I'll be. I don't know if I am packing the right things. I don't know what challenges I'll be faced with. I don't know if I'll be missing out on anything that my friends are doing at Southern. I don't know what extreme amounts of heat and humidity feel like together. I don't know what God will teach me this year.

I guess all the uncertainties are part of the adventure. I am anxiously counting down the days to my departure, but I am tucking away each special moment that I make with my family and friends right now so that I can pull them out on Pohnpei. 

I hope you are all well and blogs will start getting more interesting beginning on July 29th! I am happy to have you part of the adventure of my year but I also would love to know what happens in your year as well!!

Much love.  

1 comment: